Monday, February 28, 2011

Harry Potter inspiration!

Hello fellow scrappers,

Harry Potter is in such high demand!  I have had some people say to me, I love the paper but what can I do with it?   Well one thing that comes to mind is it would make great halloween paper, especially if your child gets dressed up as a sorcerer, wizard or something of the like.  What if you don't have kids? When I challenged my designer Lorena with the kit she was able to come up with the following idea:

"Even though I haven't seen any movies, nor read the books, I do know one word associated with Harry Potter and that is "Muggle".  You see our family Geochaches - and someone who accidentally happens upon the Geocache or who inquires about what you are doing out in the woods etc. when you are searching for a cache is called a Muggle to us Geocachers ... ah ha - instant Harry Potter connection!"  Lorena Sollows

So she met my challenge head on and look at what she came up with:



close up button

close up stitching


Here is how she did it:

"I used three different papers from the collection for this, and printed my story out on ivory cardstock with the font Kristen using my computer. Then distressed the paper and inked with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo, and used two Glimmer mists; Coffee Shop and Wheatfields.  I stitched the one paper with my sewing machine, and distressed the edges with Tim Holtz Distressing ink in Vintage Photo.  I The title is Basic Grey Chip letters.  The button is a vintage military button from my husband's sewing box. The ribbon trim I'm not sure about the brand".  Lorena

Hope this helps to inspire you!
Happy scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment