Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Cricut Imagine

By now I am sure we have all heard about the latest and greatest creation from Cricut, the Imagine.  The Imagine is yet another die-cutter from Provo Craft,but what makes this one different is it enables multi-colored, layered designs in just one cut.  With the Expression you would need to use a different color of cardstock each time you want a different colored element but with the Imagine one sheet of paper, one cut and it is designed for you.  Designed with  a touch screen it eliminates the need for the wheel to make adjustments and puts all the designing control in your hands.

All the previously released Cricut Expression cartridges are compatible with the Imagine, as are the cutting blades.  The Imagine does however require its own unique cutting mats.  These mats are 12x12 and work on the Imagine and the Expression.  Let me be clear Cricut Expression mats DO NOT work on the Imagine, but the Imagine mats DO work on the Expression.  The Imagine is also compatible with the Gypsy portable design studio..

Its definitely cutting edge, but is it worth the price?  For my purposes it is not.  I love my Cricut Expression and I am happy with its capabilities.  For designers (graphic,clothing etc) I can definitely see it being a worthwhile tool but for general papercrafting I am satisfied with the Expression.  The Imagine is available through preorder at
http://www.loonie4scrapbooking.com/page/418053944

To watch a demo on the Imagine go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXIx3Hx2Aj8

Happy scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment